Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois and Minority Teachers of Illinois (MTI) Scholarship
(last updated June 6, 2013)
* Important Reminder: Effective with the 2012-13 academic year, TESP processing includes only the MTI Scholarship and Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois programs. Fiscal year 2012 (i.e., the 2011-12 academic year) was the final year that IFTC scholarships were awarded. Funding for the IFTC Program has been phased over to the Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois Program.
- Qualification - The 2013-14 Initial Qualification process for TESP for the Minority Teachers of Illinois (MTI) Scholarship program began on June 6, 2012. Remember that corrections cannot be made online at My Zone after an eligible record has been qualified.
- Certification – MTI Scholarship Initial Certification records for the 2013-14 academic year can be completed online and submitted electronically to ISAC via My Zone beginning April 1, 2013. My Zone is available to enter certification information each Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. (CT). Results are available in real-time. No changes were made to the certification process for the 2013-14 academic year. Refer to TESP Certification pages in My Zone for detailed information about the certification process.
- Payment - TESP payment request rosters, (MTI and Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois) can be completed online and submitted electronically to ISAC via TESP Payment Online at My Zone beginning October 3, 2011. TESP payment roster data will be generated each Wednesday night and available at TESP Payment Online every Thursday morning. Results for payment requests submitted on or before Monday will be available at My Zone the following Tuesday.
- TESP Enrollment Status Verification - The TESP Enrollment Status Verification rosters, to verify the 2011-12 enrollment status, must be completed online at My Zone. Refer to TESP Enrollment Status Verification, for information about the online process and the TESP Enrollment Status Verification Quick Reference Guide for step-by-step instructions on completing and submitting a roster to ISAC.
- Awarding - Results for 2012-13 Golden Apple Scholars and MTI awarding are available at TESP Notification in My Zone. Now that TESP awards have been made on multiple dates [MTI and Golden Apple Scholars on 9/4/2012, 9/25/2012 & 10/1/12 and MTI only on 10/11/2012, 11/27/12, 12/13/12 & 1/16/13], the filter functionality and pre-defined report that sort by "Status Date" may be used to help identify students that have recently been found eligible for an award. As a reminder, the "Status Date" matches the date on the student's award letter.
Overview of TESP Certification, Notification Payment Request Roster and Payment Authorization
The TESP system at My Zone is available each Monday through Saturday from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. (CT).
To learn more details about each function, select one of the section titles below or select one of the links from the right-hand menu.
To access one of the TESPoptions at My Zone:
- select the My Zone Log On link in the left-hand menu,
- select Teacher Education Scholarship Program (TESP) from the My Zone Program Selection screen,
- select a TESP Certification (academic year), TESP Notification, TESP Payment Request Roster. TESP or Payment Authorization or TESP Enrollment Status Verification from the My Zone TESP Program Selection screen
All Initial Certifications available in My Zone must be completed, regardless of whether the school certifies a student as eligible or ineligible and regardless of whether the student is currently enrolled. The only way that TESP applicants will receive notification regarding their eligibility status is if their schools have submitted the Initial Certifications via My Zone. The Golden Apple Foundations communicates directly with Golden Apple Scholars.
Be sure to continue completing and submitting Initial Certifications throughout the year, in order to ensure that your students will be included in any subsequent rounds of awarding that might take place and that ineligible MTI applicants will receive a Notice of Ineligibility.
- Historical View Certification
The TESP Certification Historical View can be accessed by selecting a prior academic year in the drop-down box next to the TESP Certification link on the TESP Program Selection screen. The Student Certifications:Historical (academic year) List screen displays only those students who had a complete certification in the prior academic year selected. The certification detail for a particular student in the prior academic year can also be viewed. The data available to view and the sort and filter functions of the screens is the same as for the current year screens but are view only. The Reports and Student Certification options are not available on Historical View screens.
MTI and Golden Apple Scholar award notification information for eligible applicants, including funded or unavailable funds status, is available within My Zone. Each time ISAC goes through the awarding process (as funding is available), new eligible applicant information will be added online. By the end of the academic year, a cumulative list will be available of all students who were eligible for a Golden Apple Scholarship nd MTI award at a particular school.
Payment Request Roster
Payment claims for MTI and Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois can be completed online at TESP Payment Request Roster at My Zone, a secure, electronic method of transmitting claims data. A cumulative list of payment request rosters is available for the entire fiscal year. After each round of awarding, colleges will be notified when new payment request rosters will be available at TESP Payment Roster at My Zone.
TESP Payment Request Rosters can be viewed online, printed or saved in a Portable Document Format (PDF).
Payment results for claims submitted via TESP Payment Request Roster are available at TESP Payment Authorization after ISAC processes the claim and assigns a voucher number and voucher date via the My Zone portal. The voucher number and date on the report allows colleges to match data with TESP payments received from the Illinois State Comptroller’s Office. Payment Authorization reports, provided in a Rich Text Format (rtf), can be viewed online, printed or saved. Reports for the Golden Apple Scholars and MTI Scholarship Programs will remain available for the entire academic year.
TESP Enrollment Status Verification
At the end of each academic year, colleges are required to verify the enrollment statuses of recipients in the programs with teaching requirements or practice agreements by submitting a TESP Status Enrollment Verification roster to ISAC. The online process at My Zone provides a secure, electronic method of transmitting data.TESP Enrollment Status Verification includes rosters for the IFTC, IOESP, MTI, NESP and SETTW programs.
Return to top