Online Payment Claim Overview
School Claim List
IVG Online Payment Overview
When the IVG Program is selected from the My Zone Program Selection screen, the options listed in the left margin that apply to the IVG Online Payment process are the Payment List, School Claim List, Payment Claim Reports and File Extract –Payment Results File. The year in the drop-down box next to the program name defaults to the current academic year. The year can be changed if applicable, prior to signing on to the IVG Program area.
All eligible applicants are available to include in any of the payment lists. However, the amount of data available for display on My Zone at one time is limited to a maximum of 100 records per page. This provides a more manageable population of data to search and eliminates the need to scroll through a large volume of records to find the information needed.
- Number of rows on each page is defaulted to a maximum of 20. The rows per page can be increased by changing the Rows per page setting on the bottom right corner of the screen. The rows per page can be increased in increments of 20 to a maximum of 100.
- The information for each row will be displayed on one line and the data may extend beyond the viewable screen (it will not be wrapped to next line).
- Links to First Page, Prev Page, Next Page and Last Page display at the bottom of the screen.
- The number of pages for the filtered population displays at the bottom of the screen. e.g., Displaying results: 1-20 (of 100)
- Depending on the desktop (PC) setting (i.e., 640X480), the number of viewable columns that will fit on the screen will be limited, thus requiring scrolling to the right.
The Payment List option provides access to several screens used to create a list of students to include in an IVG claim, the ability to complete and submit claims online using the Claim Detail screen, and the ability to view claim history on the IVG Claim History: View screen. Only eligible applicants (those with eligible IVG numbers) are included in the Payment List.
Steps to using the Payment List option:
- Create a list of students to include in a payment request
- Select Payment List from the left menu to display the Payment List: Filter screen.
- Define the criteria used to create a list. The IVG Payment List: Filter screen allows the user to designate what records are displayed. Once the Filter is applied to the data, only the resulting records meeting the Filter criteria will be displayed on the IVG Payment: List screen.
- Press the “View” button on the Payment List: Filter screen to display the list of students. After filtered records display on the IVG Payment List: View screen, the fields that are underlined can be sorted in ascending or descending order.
- The Claim Detail screen is used to view IVG claim information, create payment requests and to correct or change payment requests.
- Click on the “edit’ icon Payment List: View screen to access the Claim Detail screen. The Claim Detail screen is pre-populated with the student’s SSN and Name, IVG #, School code and tuition code for each term.
- Enter claims (in-district and out-of-district) for all terms. Enter the credit hours, amount requested, the Out-of-District indicator and Out-of-District tuition, if applicable, for each term. If any term is prorated, ISAC will enter the proration factor.
- Click on the Save Changes button to automatically submit claims to ISAC. An error message box will display if there are data entry errors. Press ‘ok’, enter the changes and press the Save Changes button again.
- A claim transaction status and an invoice number will display on the lower half of the Claim Detail screen as well as the School Claim: View and the IVG Claim History: View screens after the claim is received at ISAC, processed and returned to the school electronically.
- S = Submitted
- E = Exported
- P = Processed
- R = Rejected
- F = Future Claim
- L = Late Claim Submitted
- H = Held
- X = Late Claim Processed
- A claim transaction status code and an invoice number do not automatically mean that a claim has been paid. A claim is not paid until the school receives a voucher from the State Comptroller.
- After ISAC authorizes a payment request, a voucher is sent to the Illinois State Comptroller. A copy of the voucher is sent to the school.
- The Illinois State Comptroller will send IVG payments directly to the school. Match the invoice number on the voucher with invoice number received from the Comptroller or via IPTIP.
- The payment results can be obtained from the Payment Claim Reports found on the left menu under the Reports option.
- Press the Cancel and Return or Discard Changes if the claim should not be submitted for processing and return to the Claim Detail Screen.
- Corrections and changes can be made using the Claim Detail screen. Enter the correction/revision and click on the Save Changes button. Corrected claims will be processed at ISAC and results will be return to College the following day. The results of the revised claim will be included in the IVG Payment Claim Reports and will display on the lower half of the student’s Claim Detail screen.
- View Payment History
- Select the “history” icon from the Payment List screen name to display the IVG Claim History: View screen. The Claim History: View screen lists all transactions (e.g., there may be an initial claim and replacement claims for the same term) for the student selected. Once a claim has been revised or corrected, the previous claim becomes a history transaction.
School Claim List
Colleges can identify the term and academic year and define columns to display a list of students included in a previous claim. The list can be used to claim payment for a subsequent term, make corrections or replacement claims or view the payment claim history for the students included in the School Claim List.
Steps to using the School Claim List option:
- Create a list:
- Select the School Claim List from the left menu to display the School Claim: Filter screen.
- Define the filter criteria (academic year and term) on the School Claim: Filter Screen.
- Click on the columns button and define the columns that should display. The default column headings listed in the right-scroll box are:
- Last Name
- First Name
- IVG Eligibility #
- Amount Paid
- OOD Indicator (Out-of-District)
- Additional columns can be added by highlighting any columns in the left-scroll box and moving them to the right-scroll box. The default columns listed in the right-scroll box can be de-selected. Columns can be Individually selected and de-selected from either side by highlighting the heading and clicking on the single (< or >) button to move only those selected columns from one side to the other.
- All columns can be selected by clicking the double (>> or <<) buttons to move all the columns from one side to another without individually selecting each column. Additional columns that can be added:
- Amount Requested
- Credit Hours
- T&F Code
- OOD Indicator
- Reject Reason
- Prorate %
- School Code
- Cumulative Eligibility Units
- Total Amount Paid
- Invoice #
- Invoice Date
- Voucher #
- Voucher Date
- Click on the View button to display the School Claim: List. The columns display in the order identified on the School Claims: Column screen. The SSN column can be sorted in ascending or descending order.
- Enter a payment request or edit a payment claim.
- Click on the “edit” icon to access the Claim Detail screen to view payment claim information, enter a subsequent payment request, revise a rejected payment request or edit accepted payment claims from the School Claim: View. Follow the steps listed in the Payment List section to enter a claim.
- View Claim History
- Click on the “history “ icon to access the student’s Claim History: Screen. Follow the steps listed in the Payment List section to enter a claim.
The results for IVG payment requests submitted online or via File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is available to retrieve from the File Extract option in the left menu of IVG Online Payment in My Zone. The IVG Payment Results Extract file specifications are available in the Electronic Tools section of the e-Library.